It is estimated that between 3.7-5 million unauthorized immigrants in the United States may qualify for the program. Qualified applicants will receive relief from deportation as well as work authorization for an initial three year period.
Those eligible to apply for the program, include the following:
- Have a U.S. citizen or LPR son or daughter as of November 20, 2014;
- Have continuously resided in the United States since before January 1, 2010;
- Are physically present in the United States on November 20, 2014, and at the time of applying;
- Have no lawful immigration status on November 20, 2014;
- Are not an enforcement priority, which is defined to include individuals with a wide range of criminal convictions (including certain misdemeanors), those suspected of gang involvement and terrorism, recent unlawful entrants, and certain other immigration law violators;
- Present no other factors that would render a grant of deferred action inappropriate; and
- Pass a background check.
It is always best to have your case evaluated by an experienced immigration attorney before filing an application with the Department of Homeland Security. The Attorneys at Charlotte Viener & Associates are available to review and evaluate your case. Call (504) 581-5051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an in-person or telephonic appointment.
For assistance with your Deferred Action for Parental Authority (DAPA) application, please contact the experienced immigration attorneys of Charlotte Viener & Associates.
Why Choose Us?
Charlotte Viener & Associates is a New Orleans, Louisiana based law firm that works exclusively in the area of Immigration and Nationality Law. Although our office is located in New Orleans, our lawyers represent immigrants and employers throughout the United States and the world.
Our attorneys offer legal services in nearly all aspects of immigration law. Our goal is to make your immigration process smooth and efficient and resolve your immigration issue as quickly as possible.
In addition, our office offers Flat Fees and Payment Plans with no hidden fees.