Charlotte Viener & Associates deals with many Deferred Action situations. We’re the experts in helping you understand the specifics and navigate the steps of a Deferred Action application and can help you figure out whether you or your children are eligible.
Frequently-asked Questions Regarding Deferred Action
Who qualifies for Deferred Action?
You may qualify if you:
- Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012
- Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday
- Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time
- Were physically present in the United States on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS
- Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012
- Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
How is deferred action different from a visa?
Deferred Action is granted for two years at a time which means that individuals receiving it must request a renewal or an extension if necessary. Work authorization may be extended under Deferred Action.
How do you apply for Deferred Action?
If you have questions about the paperwork involved in filing for Deferred Action, contact The Law Offices of Charlotte Viener today.
For assistance with your Deferred Action application, please contact the experienced immigration attorneys of Charlotte Viener & Associates.
Why Choose Us?
Charlotte Viener & Associates is a New Orleans, Louisiana based law firm that works exclusively in the area of Immigration and Nationality Law. Although our office is located in New Orleans, our lawyers represent immigrants and employers throughout the United States and the world.
Our attorneys offer legal services in nearly all aspects of immigration law. Our goal is to make your immigration process smooth and efficient and resolve your immigration issue as quickly as possible.
In addition, our office offers Flat Fees and Payment Plans with no hidden fees.